Designlab is looking for a Learning Experience Lead to join our team and help us take our industry-leading UX Academy bootcamp and learning platform to the next level.
We're a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their skills and changed careers with our help. Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our internal philosophy of how we work. Thanks to our best-in-class product with rave reviews, we’ve built a passionate community of students, mentors and alumni.
In this Learning Experience Lead role, you will help our team to continuously improve the quality and impact of our curriculum, learning content, and instructional design across our existing courses. The Learning Experience Lead will also help us incubate, produce, and iterate on new courses across a variety of design-related topics
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to help make a real difference in the lives of designers worldwide, as well as the careers of our team. Sound interesting? Read on to see if the role is a good fit for you!
- Love the thought of partnering with product management, engineering, design, growth, and our mentor and student community to create exceptional learning products
- Have demonstrated experience in helping multiple teams of content creators to envision, produce, ship, and iterate on large-scale learning products, such as bootcamps, multi-course degree programs, and career transition programs
- Care deeply about the personal and professional success of the strategists, writers, and designers that you manage
- Foster a culture of instructional design excellence that is both rigorous and kind
- Value and respect your teammates and our students, creating mutually beneficial solutions
- Have strong skills in curricular strategy, project management, developmental editing, copy editing, and proofreading
- Have exceptional verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Are excited about working on the future of UX design education with a small, talented, mission-driven team
- Manage our editorial workflow for envisioning, creating, and shipping courses and bootcamps across our current and future product lineup
- Ensure quality of our learning content from start to finish of each product
- Directly manage our in-house learning-experience team, helping them to perform at their best and grow in their careers
- Develop our holistic capabilities and contractor pool for curricular strategy, content creation, and instructional design
- Work with cross-functional partners to create OKRs and own our backlog of content and instructional design improvement
- Demonstrate the impact of the team’s work on key product and business metrics
- Work with your peers and across teams to achieve goals no one could have done alone
- 7+ years of experience working in a hands-on role to create large-scale educational products and services in virtual learning environments (such as curricular strategist, instructional designer, learning experience designer, course creator and editor, and/or textbook editor)
- 2+ years of experience in managing multiple content creation teams for learning experiences
- Strong skills in partnering with cross-functional team members to envision and deliver high quality learning content across a variety of design-related course topics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including developmental editing and copy editing expertise for self-directed learning content
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional topics relevant to working UX designers and in-house design teams
- Ability to work remotely with high speed internet access
- Your application must include a link to a portfolio of work examples that help us understand your learning experience philosophy and team management approach
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Team is 100% remote, work where you want
- Flexible hours, working mostly in US time zones (EST/PST)
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Health & retirement benefits
- Choose your own Mac setup
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
Apply using the "Apply for this job" button
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we’re moving forward with your application within two weeks of receiving it.
At Designlab, we know that building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team empowers our community to achieve beyond the ordinary. We are committed to celebrating our differences as they are core to ensuring that our journey is both unique and powerful.